Home | Pictures | AdandSell | Company Profile

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Holly Thursday

Today is Holly Thursday... and I still have a class this night .....aarrrrgh....


Holly Thursday is also called Maundy Thursday. This is an event in Catholic religion which commemorated the mystery of the Holy Eucharist,  the washing of the Disciples' feet by Jesus, Jesus prayed in Gethsemane before He caught and the betrayal of Christ by Judas.

A picture of the Holy Eucharist was created by Simon Ushakov which titled "The Mystical Supper". This picture was inspiring "Tempo" magazine to put Suharto's face on Jesus's face. hiks... it doesn't matter for me... and perhaps for other Catholic people. No..no.. I don't want to talk about that... 
"The Last Supper" or "The Mystical Supper" also inspiring Dan Brown on writing his novel (ups I forgot the title...) which was controversial at that time.

Maundy Thursday is actually a start on "Easter Triduum" or three holy days (Maundy Thursday, Good Friday and Easter (Am I right?).... Oh so tomorrow I must do a fasting? yeah... sure, hehe....

Wondering to go to Church with Ling and Andra... It would be nice.... 
My first Easter as a father, as a husband, as foreigner, in Aussie, alone... uh.... life is nice.

No comments: