Home | Pictures | AdandSell | Company Profile

Friday, February 09, 2007

Timebased Internet Connection using CDMA mobile phone



Everday I connect to Internet using my cdma mobile phone and laptop. Unfortunatelly, I must pay to much for the internet cost. If I use mobile-8, I must pay 5Rp for each Kb.
Finally, I got an information about timebased internet connection using CBN. Timebased internet connection is much cheaper for me compared to volumebased internet connection. I do a lot of download and email everyday as a consquences of my project and timebased internet connection gives me a lot of advantages, not only for the cost, but also on the connection speed.

It's an easy steps for you to have an timebased internet connection.
Requirenments:
- Laptop/Desktop
- Windows or Linux Operating System (I never try to other OS)
- CDMA phone or CDMA modem (more expensive)
- Cable data
- Mobile-8 or StarOne (prepaid or postpaid)
- CBN prepaid (actually there are a lot of company that provide timebased internet connectio, e.g : ipnet, jalamedia, etc)

Comparation :

Timebased
Price Rp. 220,- every minute

Pro - better used for a ot of download activities
- 2.5Kbps on average (depends on some aspect)
- on demand connection

Cons - You must refill your account separatelly from your mobile credits

Volumebased
Price Rp. 5,- every Kb

Pro - better used for chatting
- 4-5Kbps on average (depends on some aspect)
- long connection (that sometimes you not used it)

Cons - Another application use the connection, e.g windows update, etc (costly)

No comments: